Admissions and Financial Aid
Review admission and scholarship requirements for Brown’s online Master of Public Health program and begin your application.
Because no two students are the same, neither are two applications the same. This is why the Brown University School of Public Health takes a holistic approach to our online Master of Public Health admissions process.
For this program, we actively seek a diverse student population from throughout the United States and the world. We also want to see applicants with at least two years of professional work experience. This allows you to enter the program with ideas about where you want to take your career, along with real-world expertise you can share with others. We do not require applicants to take the GRE, however, applicants are recommended to have previously completed at least one math course (preferably statistics).
To apply for online master’s in public health admission, you will need the following:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Personal statement
- Resume/CV showing at least two years of work experience
- Application fee payment ($55)
- Personal statment answering the following: Why are you applying to the online MPH program? How has your work since obtaining your baccalaureate degree prepared you for this next step? How many years have you worked since attaining your baccalaureate degree?
- International applicants may also need to submit: Proof of language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS).
International applicants have three options to have their transcripts evaluated:
World Education Services (WES)
We accept a Course-By-Course Evaluation from World Education Services (WES). The evaluation must show U.S. degree equivalency. To send a WES Evaluation to Brown:
- Create (or) login to your account at World Education Services (WES). We prefer to receive the evaluation electronically.
- Select our name in the WES Database: Brown University Graduate School, Master's Programs Admissions and Enrollment
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
We accept a Course By Course Evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). The evaluation must show U.S. degree equivalency. To send an ECE Evaluation to Brown:
- Create (or) login to your account at Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). We prefer to receive the evaluation electronically.
- Select our name in the ECE Database: Brown University School of Professional Studies, Master's Enrollment Office
We accept a Course Analysis evaluation from SpanTran. The evaluation must show U.S. degree equivalency. To send a SpanTran Evaluation to Brown:
- Create (or) login to your account at SpanTran. We prefer to receive the evaluation electronically.
- Select our name in the SpanTranDatabase: Brown University
Upcoming Application Deadlines:
Application Opens: October 1, 2022
Early Decision Deadline: December 15, 2022
Priority Deadline: May 1, 2023
Final Deadline: June 1, 2023
Semester Starts: September 6, 2023
Online Master of Public Health Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Brown University School of Public Health is committed to making our online Master of Public Health admissions process accessible to underrepresented students domestically and globally.
Depending on your experience and circumstances, you may qualify for a variety of sources of financial aid, including:
- Master of Public Health admissions application fee waiver
- Scholarships from Brown University School of Public Health
- Private scholarships from public health-related organizations
- Veterans benefits through the VA, Yellow Ribbon Fund and other sources
- Grants from local, state and federal government sources
- Graduate student loans from the federal government
Online Master of Public Health Tuition
Cost per course is $5,000 (12 courses required).
Graduate Tuition and Fee Schedule
Additional information related to tuition & fees can be found on the bursar’s website.